Everybody's Got One
A blog. An opinion. An elimination orifice. A dream. An agenda. A past. A hidden talent. A conceptual filter. A cross. A charism (often the same). A task. A wound. A destiny. A lost love. A blind spot. A bad habit. A secret. A passion. A soul ... okay, maybe not everybody ...
Thursday, February 12, 2004

 

This afternoon's mail included a pre-approved application for a VISA card with a Democratic National Committee affiliation. Every six months, 1% of charges gets rebated to the DNC.

Okay, it's a no-hassle fundraiser - and, for anyone interested, a possible way to fudge the annual contribution limits. Federal law requires the DNC to use best efforts to identify anyone contributing > $200. Yeah, right.

But seriously. Granted the Republicans are currently doing the best drunken-sailor imitation seen in years, is this really the way the Democratic party wants to make its presence known in my daily life, every time I open my wallet and see this buy-now-pay-later, I-can't-be-broke-I'm-still-under-my-credit-limit card?

posted by Kelly | 5:17 PM link
archives
email
links